Sunday, June 7, 2015

Guess what?! It's Sunday!

And you all know what that means....
It's time for another blog post!
Cue the theme music..
Theme Music

*Please do not continue reading until you have finished the theme song*

So where do I begin...
I suppose I should mention that last Tuesday I went sailing. And what I mean by "I went sailing" is that I occasionally pulled some rope, but mostly just sprawled out on a boat as it moved via wind. Overall, it was a pretty relaxing experience. The only exception was when I was pinned between the boat and a jagged rock. I was asked to tie the ship to a rock that was jutting out of the water. It sounded like a simple enough task and so I happily volunteered. What our captain failed to mention was that this rock was not made of out limestone like so much of the surrounding cliffs. Instead, it was made up of thousands of daggers, and only daggers. So when I somehow managed to get myself between the boat and the rock, these daggers scrapped up my back. All in all, I'd say I did it quite gracefully and it definitely didn't take more than one try. Having successfully tethered the ship to the stone, my crew mates and I jumped into the clear blue water below. It was very refreshing. The rest of the day was spent at the beach.

Now I'm going to press the fast forward button because the next three days comprised of class and a technical visit, and I like to reserve that content for Wednesdays.

Friday night a group of us went to a local Irish pub for dinner. I split a burger and spare ribs and could not have been happier about it. The rest of the night consisted of a game called fish bowl (highly recommended – would play again), and sitting on the steps of a nice church. Yesterday began with breakfast and a walk around the city. We went in and out of shops, but my only purchase was a traditional Sardinian knife. It's pretty neat. For lunch I tasted my first horse meat. It was prepared quite well and tasted a bit like beef, but had it's own distinct flavor. I think I would try it again if I saw it on the menu, but I can't say it's the top of the list of meats I keep in my diary. The rest of the day was spent relaxing on the beach. I made it back to the guest house without a sunburn, so I consider the trip a success. I ordered lasagne and a hamburger for dinner last night. The lasagne was great, the burger was a surprise. The plate consisted of a good quantity of tasty fries and a plain burger patty. Either I was missing something, or the burger was missing lettuce, tomato, onions and a bun. The menu was in a Italian, so perhaps I just misunderstood and had to order those things separately. Oh well, I ate it anyways! After dinner, we walked down to our favorite gelato place called Peter Pan. Apparently he told everyone how to get to Neverland because the place was poppin'. I tried the banana and nutella gelato and was perfectly content with my decision. From there we walked along the water. We sat in benches overlooking the still harbor and concluded our night.

Today I got McDonald's lunch for a late breakfast and purchased some postcards for some of you guys back home (so be checking your mailboxes). Now I'm writing this blog. After I type my last words for the day I will probably attempt to do the following:

The Following

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment